After suggestions such as “I hate you less than other people”, “I like your organs”, “You’ll do”, “You’re my favourite pain in the arse” and “You don’t smell as much as you look like you do.”, I decided not to take on board any friends and family suggestions on this article and instead use other means for my research.
I’ve collated a list of my favourite ones that I have come across and thrown in a few of my own as well.
I am completely aware that there are a few of these “Compliments that have nothing to do with physical appearance” lists knocking about but I just feel that it is such a wonderful concept and only positive outcomes can come from spreading it further.
Also, as a northerner, the first one is the biggest compliment I could ever receive from anyone. Bear that in mind yea?
1) You make tea properly
2) You are my favourite person to do nothing with
3) I would trust you with my passwords
4) You deserve it (Obviously be wary of this one. Preferrably don’t say it if you’ve just punched someone in the throat)
5) You are the reason I get up in the morning
6) I want to grow old with you
7) I am so proud of you
8) I like your cooking
9) I wouldn’t know what to do with myself if you weren’t around
10) You inspire me to be the best person I can be
11) More people should be listening to what you have to say
12) You are so patient
13) You are great to talk to
14) You are so much more capable than you give yourself credit for
15) Your laugh is contagious
16) You are really talented
17) You have great taste in _____
18) You really matter
19) I don’t know how you do it, but you always manage to cheer me up