Look, lets be honest here. Sometimes days are shit. However, I reckon we have at least around 60/70% control over that if we stop being mardy bums (I definitely plucked that percentage out of thin air)
Quite often, all we need is a little reminder that nothing is as bad as it seems so we should just plough through. Here are fifteen to spruce up your day.
1. You have the option to skip the pursuit of happiness altogether and just be happy.
2. There are some really good people in the world. Even if it doesn’t feel like it sometimes.
3. There’s a Japanese proverb that says “A bath refreshes the body, tea refreshes the mind” so help yourself to both.
4. It is ok not to like something that everyone else does. I’m not a Beyonce fan. What are you gonna do about it mate?
5. Always stretch before and after your runs.
6. Don’t say “yes” if you want to say “no”.
7. You are not what you own.
8. Success isn’t defined by the popularity of your online presence.
9. Different doesn’t mean wrong.
10. It costs zero pounds to be a nice human.
11. Don’t get bogged down by stuff. Sometimes little things happen to remind us to stay humble, that’s all.
12. I say this all the time but if you don’t have the budget for something, don’t even contemplate buying it.
13. Give yourself permission to be imperfect.
14. You can listen without giving your opinion.
15. Drink your friggin’ water.