I hit just over 100 followers recently and am so incredibly grateful that what started off as a tiny community, now seems to be growing and growing.
To be honest, I am sat eating porridge wondering why the hell I haven’t written this sooner. I wanted to take this moment to say thank you for investing in my posts despite the fact that I have been slacking off recently during this incredibly challenging transitional period in my life.
As for my “100 Days of Happiness” series, I have majorly effed it up haven’t I? In my defence, I have moved back up North, 2 and half hours away from where I was living in Oxfordshire. It is taking me a lot longer to adjust than I would have liked but I think I’ll save that for another post! Otherwise we will be here all friggin’ night. To clarify, I will be continuing from where I left off and I am hoping that the next instalment will be up pretty soon so keep an eye out for that.
On a more positive note, once I’m back on track, there will be some really exciting adventures that you will be joining me on. Settling in a new city, travelling, and working towards my goals.
Once again, thank you so so much. I find it super lovely that you guys want to read my work and seem to be enjoying it!
To celebrate, I figured it may be a nice idea to help you guys get to know me a little more, so below are fifty random facts about me. Hope you’re all having a great week!
- I passed my driving test first time.
- The prisoner of Azkaban is my favourite out of the Harry Potter series.
- I studied Drama and Performance Studies at London Southbank University.
- I’m a really slow reader.
- “Invictus” by William Ernest Henley is my all-time favourite poem.
- My most worn item of clothing is a pair of black skinny jeans that I ripped when I was rushing out of the house and yes, I still wear them.
- I’m the middle child.
- My dad is my gym buddy.
- Although it is impossible to choose, “Ready or Not” by Fugees always pops into my head when I am asked what my favourite song of all time is.
- I was born in the year of the sheep. LOL
- I have never seen Dirty Dancing, and what?
- Flats over heels. Any day.
- I can quite happily eat left over pizza for breakfast and cereal at 10pm.
- 90’s Winona Ryder is my ultimate style icon.
- Night in > night out.
- I love the name Otis.
- My favourite character is Hermione Granger. She taught me to never dumb myself down.
- I’m a Northerner.
- I really need to listen to my own advice.
- I hated school.
- I should probably wear my glasses a lot more than I do.
- Whenever I’m in doubt, I stick the kettle on.
- Morning is my favourite time of day.
- I don’t like Tuna.
- The last film I watched was The Grand Budapest Hotel. I adored everything about it.
- I don’t want to watch the last Episode of Sex and the City because I refuse to accept that it has ended.
- “The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**k” is the book I am currently reading. I’m hooked.
- Gypsophila are my favourite flowers.
- I own way too many items of striped clothing.
- My handwriting is ridiculously messy.
- Everyone has one household job that they hate doing the most. Mines hoovering. I’m a half arsed hooverer.
- Adele is my girl crush.
- I’m a Gryffindor.
- My top 5 favourite shops are COS, The White Company, Muji…Ok I don’t like 5 shops. The high street is just bleh. Oh wait! Holland and Barrett and Grape Tree. BOOM.
- I think Avocado is the bomb-diggedy
- I have half read more books than I have fully read. You get me?
- I could listen to the Amelie soundtrack and drive for hours.
- The happiest years of my life so far were when I lived in London.
- Autumn is my favourite time of year.
- You know the scene in Sex and the City when they are at that wedding? The bride chucks her bouquet and all four of them just let it fall on the floor in front of them? I love that.
- I have a really eclectic taste in music.
- The sixties is my favourite era.
- The little cup of tea is my favourite emoji.
- If I had to wear one item for the rest of my life it would be a lightweight oversized navy sweater that I can pull over my wrists.
- I love buying new socks.
- The Ricky Gervais Podcasts help me get to sleep.
- I wear my cat lady badge with pride.
- When I took the Connexions quiz at school to find out what vocation I should look into, I got Wigmaker. Yes. Wigmaker. A person who makes Wigs.
- I have written future letters to myself since I was 19.
- My sister is my best friend.