So it’s been pretty hot in England the past few days and it didn’t take long for me to realise that I had forgotten to purchase a fan for the new place.
Despite that fact that I was sweating like a right twat, I dragged my sorry arse out to buy one. Whilst I was bringing it back home, a bird shat right on the box and this teamed with the fact that I had woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning, made it really hard for me not to get pissed off. So yes folks, bird shit is the inspiration for today’s article.
If there is ever a time where I hate feeling a bit low, it’s in Summer. It is as though I almost feel guilty for being a bit down when the sun is shining do you know what I mean?
Naturally, the sun has its way of boosting my mood but somehow, life’s little stresses often find their way of creeping in.
Taking all of this into account, I thought it would be nice for me to list a few of the ways I like to instantly de-stress. I hope you find something that works for you.
- Start something new
- Be a tourist in your own town
- Eat clean and fresh
- Don’t drown yourself in technology
- Focus on improving your sleep
- Exercise (I know, bore off)
- Scrape your hair back and take off your makeup
- Make a list/simplify your tasks
- Wash your face with cool water
- Smell a fresh/soothing scent. I find the smell of lavender always makes me feel a bit more chilled out.
- Lay on the grass
- Visit your local market
- Have a power nap
- Treat yourself
- Stroke a cat
- Hug a cat
- Talk to your cat
- Listen to podcasts.
- Lift your spirits by reading positive quotes
- Open a window
- Change into something comfortable
- Call a friend
- Change your surroundings. Whether it’s for 5 minutes or a whole weekend. We’re so cut off from nature that it’s hard not to feel as though that is the reason why we often feel so down.