Shout out to Sarah Knight for inspiring me to write this post. For those of you that don’t know, The Life Changing Magic of Not Giving a f**k is a pretty awesome book that helps its readers to “stop spending time you don’t have doing things you don’t want to do with people you don’t like.”
Something that I completely champion. I don’t want to give too much away but in one section of the book, Knight curates a list of ten things that she personally, does not give a fuck about. And I loved it.
Naturally, it made me want to put together a list of my own, so on this super grim day in England I thought “why not write a list of stuff I do not give a shite about to perk everyone up?” Cheery.
Nah I’m kidding. However I am in a bit of a ranty mood today so kick back and enjoy.
- Mindfulness Colouring. I have given it a go, I have had a try and I have decided that I do not give a fuck about it. If anything, it makes me more stressed. Also, just because you release a special edition that is all about mindfully colouring in cats doesn’t mean that you’re going to win me over. Nice try though.
- Your Child. Good for you. You had a human. I want everyone in the world to be happy. I don’t however, care that your child has food all over it’s face and can count to seven. And those friggin’ milestone cards. Mind you, if I had a child I would want to celebrate having managed to keep it alive for a whole two weeks.
- Star Wars. I have nothing to say on this topic other than “So what?”
- What You’ve Done For Charity. Now I don’t want to come across as a massive arse hole but for me, charity is supposed to be a selfless act that seriously helps those who need it most. Therefore, I don’t want to hear you tell me about the amazing work you have done in return for some sort of ego boosting validation. Well done though. It’s people like you that make the world go round (I’m not being sarcastic.)
- “Talent” Shows. Just stop it now please.
- Those People Who Have Done Everything and If They Haven’t Done It Personally, They Know Someone Who Has. You know the ones. When you’re in lecture then a topic gets brought up and you know that a certain person is going to raise their hand and be like “Yea, my dad’s mate Todd used to do that with his other mate” So? What do you want me to do?
- What You’re Eating. I’m glad that you’re having a nice meal, but If you’re not planning on offering me any then I’m not interested.
- Michael Kors. I know that I am going to get loads of stick for this one but I just don’t get why so many people love it.
- Your Refund Story. “Hi, I bought this for my sister’s boyfriend’s mate but it turns out shes already got one.” Cool story bro. A) We both know that it’s a lie and B) pass it me here so that I can check you haven’t worn it and get this transaction over with pronto.
- Tuna. I just can’t eat it man, it makes me throw up.
I would love to know what things you don’t personally give a fuck about. Let’s all have a bloody good Monday moan. It’s good for you.
I’m just trying to estimate how many people are going to comment “Your blog.” but let’s try and be positive)
Have a good week folks!