Did I ever tell you about that time when I was watching 90210 in the bath and my phone fell in? Well, I learnt a friggin’ lot that day. Basically not to behave like a douche but besides that I discovered the importance of switching off.
Whilst my phone had been shoved into a sandwich bag full of rice and had taken up residence in the airing cupboard, I realised that in many ways I was better off without it.
The thought of being without your phone for a long period of time can be daunting for some, especially with the amount of importance placed upon replying to emails and answering calls. However, there are also many reasons to take time time out.
Here’s a little list of things that I found beneficial when I was without my phone:
- Time went slower (in a good way)
- I engaged more in creative projects
- I gave my full attention to whoever or whatever needed it
- I engaged more in conversation
Now with that in mind, I created a list of 25 things to do for those in need of a digital detox. I hope they come in handy : )
- Browse your local farmers market
- Create a photo diary of your day
- Discover new places
- Go for a drive
- Cook something new
- Streamline your wardrobe
- Create a spa at home
- Visit the library
- Rearrange your space
- Visit an art gallery or museum
- Chill with your pet
- Organise your bookshelf
- Start a scrapbook
- Visit someone
- De-clutter and donate stuff to charity
- Listen to a new album from beginning to end
- Read a chapter from your favourite book
- Write in your journal
- Do some gardening
- Watch YouTube tutorials
- Create a bucket list
Hope you all have a lovely Monday guys!