For the past few years, I have really struggled to get myself back into reading. I don’t know what’s happened to me. I can’t concentrate and I know that once I put a book down I can pretty much guarantee that I wont be picking it back up again.
Having said that though, there is one book that I received for my birthday 4 years ago which I regularly find myself flicking through. How To Be Parisian Wherever You are.
Maybe it’s because it contains loads of super cool images or maybe it’s because it is split up into perfect little chunks, quite frankly, I don’t care. I just know that I bloomin’ well love it.
I was inspired to put together this post after a particular page caught my eye. It was entitled “Safety Kit” with the sub-heading “Because You Never Know”. Underneath was a single image of a small bag containing anything that you may ever need in your own mini emergency.
I quickly realised that this was something that I had done for years. I carry a little pouch in my bag containing all of the things I might need when I’m out and about.
Usually, I only carry it around with me when I’m having a day in Oxford, London or I’m travelling. I change the size of the kit depending on what bag I’m using and where I’m going.
In the event of my anxiety or OCD playing up at a time where I am unable to go straight home, It provides me with a sense of reassurance knowing that it’s there.
I thought that I’d talk you through what I like to carry around in my “Safety Kit” just “Because You Never Know” ❤
- Hair ties
- Pain killers
- A pack of mini wipes
- A small bamboo comb
- A “Stress Check Breath In” mini rollerball by This Works. This little gem is full of beautiful smelling aromatherapy oils and you simply roll it onto your pulse points and breath deeply.
- A “Mood Lifting On The Go Mist” by Neom Organics. This mini spray came as part of a “Essential Mood Lifting Kit” by Neom which included a “Home Mist” and an “Intensive Mood Lifting Treatment”. The one that I choose to carry with me though is designed for when you’re out and about so that’s perfect.
The Other Bits
- A mini hand sanitizer. I don’t usually like using hand sanitizers because I’ve heard a lot of bad stuff about them. Saying that, on the off chance that I get some form of shit on my hands, I can’t see myself turning it down, nah mean?
- A travel sized “Moisture Surge” by Clinique
- A miniature “All About Eyes” by Clinique
- “Rose et Reines” by L’Occitane.
- Compact mirror
- “Peony and Blush Suede” by Jo Malone
This kit has saved my arse many a time. Most recently when I tested the stinkiest perfume known to man when I was out shopping and my sister wouldn’t come within a mile of me unless I wiped it off. Thanks mini wipes (winking smiley.)